Pure North Water Quality is very fortunate to have access to some of the most experienced professionals in the water treatment & plumbing industry. We may not have all the answers, however, with the over 75 years of combined knowledge and experience of qualified people, we assure you that we will do our best to answer and solve any and all of your Water Treatment needs.
Pure North Water Quality began operation in June of 1995. Since that time, the company has enjoyed a steady growth due to offering consumers the highest quality water treatment products and services available. These quality products and services have made Pure North Water Quality a reliable resource in the water treatment industry and also the health industry. Needless to say, we are extremely pleased to be able to offer them to you.
Unfortunately, quality Water Treatment Equipment costs money and not all products are created equally. We strongly urge you to educate yourself and when getting prices, be sure you compare apples to apples. We believe the consumer should spend their hard earned money once, and have the job done right the first time with quality products and installation.
Business is about building relationships and we look forward to building many relationships.
The information and resources on this site presently, and in the future, will educate you and your family immensely. Pure North Water Quality spends a great deal of time testing and researching the quality products available on this site. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We would appreciate your feedback.
Wishing you health and happiness,
Pure North Water Quality
We will be more than happy to assist you in solving your water quality and treatment issues including:
- Hard Water: Water that contains calcium and magnesium ions that cause the water to form scale on hot water surfaces and reverse osmosis membranes. Hardness also diminishes the effectiveness of cleaning products by depleting their active ingredients just to clean the water first. Many cleaning products contain water softening agents. Using soft water will allow you to switch to more environmentally friendly substitutes.
- Iron: Water bearing iron causes red to brown staining on fixtures and water contact surfaces. Red staining is usually an indication of dissolved or free iron in the water. This type of iron can also impart a metallic odour to the water. A brown film that can be brushed away indicates iron that is precipitated or in the solid form is present in the water,
- Manganese: Water that bares a substantial amount of manganese can cause a grey to black stain to occur on water contact surfaces.
- Sulphide (Sulfide or Sulfide): The presents of sulphide or sulphur in water can be detected by a faint to strong rotten egg or lit match odour that disappears on standing. usually as the sulphide level in ground water increases the dissolved metal content diminishes.
- Sulphate: Water bearing high sulphates can cause a green / blue staining in conjunction with copper. It may also cause a cathartic effect when consumed by individuals with a sensitivity to sulphates.
- Bacteria: Water that contains high amounts of bacteria can be detrimental to health and may also impart objectionable odours to water. Well water should be submitted to the local health department for bacteria determination.
- TDS (Total Dissolved Solids): When water contains a high amount of salts the water can become corrosive and unpalatable.
- pH: When the pH balance of water is too high or too low, water becomes more aggressive and can cause problems with leaching material from the water distribution system.
- Tannins & Lignins: These contaminants are characterized by a yellow (Tea) colour to the water and often lend an earthy odour when the pH of the water is reduced. While for the most part they are nuisance contaminant, tannins may interfere with chlorination systems by depleting the chlorine over an extended period of time making residual management difficult. They may also block ultraviolet light when UV sterilizers are applied. Tannins may also cause precipitated metals to complex, interfering with filtration processes.
- Methane (Swamp Gas): Is characterized by bubble appearing in the water shortly after being drawn. They tend to form within the solution as opposed to carbon dioxide bubbles, that form on the surface of the container. In greater concentrations the water may appear milky when drawn. This gas can cause erosion of the distribution system and is quite flammable.
We can provide water testing and water treatment equipment products such as:
- Water Softeners
- Water Filters
- Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water Systems
- Ultra-Violet Water Sterilizers (UV)
- Cartridge Filters and Housings
- Water Alkalizers
- Whole-House Reverse Osmosis Systems
- Water De-Gasification
- Chlorine and Chemical Injection Systems
- Ion Exchangers
Other Links You May Find Interesting In Your Search For Answers
Pure North did a complete replacement of my old system. From water filtration, water conditioning to water pump & pressure tank and the difference has been great. The water pressure and filtering is great. The bonus is the great support I get from Bud when I need it. All around, a great choice for us
- Joe Apollinaro (Campbellford)
My wife was very concerned for the children’s health primarily but also for clear water. We had allot of tannins in the water. After Pure North Water Quality installed our water treatment unit, including the R.O, all concerns were laid to rest and we we're very satisfied with the system that was recommended , and the workmanship. Thanks very much Bud.
- Thierry (Havelock)
I would like to thank Bud Azzopardi of Pure North Water Quality for the installation of the water purification equipment in my home. Although I had a few estimates from other companies, I was very impressed with the honesty, information and most of all, the results I am now enjoying by deciding to deal with Pure North Water Quality. I highly recommend Bud and Pure North Water Quality to anyone in need of water purification. Thank you,
- Dave Burgess (Newcastle)
Pure North Water Quality has been taking care of our water treatment needs for the past few years. Being in the Banquet Hall Industry, water quality is very important to us as well as our many customers. We thank Pure North Water Quality and recommend their services to everyone.
- Trillium Trails Banquet Hall (Oshawa)
My water has never been so good!! At the tap and at the refrigerator for ice too. Pure North took care of all of the set-up and piping. They have also been very responsive if we need new filters. I would recommend them!! Thanks again Bud.
- Michelle Barton (Haliburton)
The Luxury of Ultra Pure Water Throughout Your Home
PEX Plumbing Systems
GeoThermal Transfer Systems (Replacing Lake Loops)